Friday, February 24, 2012

Teach Positively. Don't teach Sarcasm to Students.


1. "I've told you 1,000 times..." It's not likely that saying it 1,001 times will matter.
2.  "...because I said so..." Respect is conveyed by offering reason.
3. "Life isn't fair." Perhaps not. Why make it worse by being negative.
4. "When I was your age..." Uh-oh. Here comes one of those tired old tales.
 5. "Shut up!" Only when you care to demonstrate disrespect, bad manners, and loss of 
     control.
6. "You could have done better." Maybe, maybe not. Don't judge.
7. "Is there something wrong with your hearing?" Good grief!
8. "What part of the word 'No' do you not understand?" Classic put down.
9. "Your mother doesn't work here." Rude and not even creative.
10. "No whining." Of course this applies to the teacher as well.


The bottom line is simple:


TEACHER SARCASM IS A POOR PRACTICE AND SETS A BAD EXAMPLE FOR STUDENTS! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you have posted here is not sarcasm; they're just rude responses from a rude teacher. My students loved it when I was sarcastic.......they understood my sarcasm.....It always made them laugh at me and at themselves. I would never have responded to my students like the examples here.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts